Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gettin' ready to Boogie!

Hiya!

Sorry for the hiatus-- always a zillion things going on, no? This week, it was attending to my sore calf. I went out for a run last Sunday and out of nowhere, it started to hurt. After researching calf strains online, I realized that heading out on a run partially dehydrated is NOT a good idea... apparently that's a major cause. So too is a lack of stretching. Rap my knuckles, please :) (But not my calves!)

However, I had a wonderful massage this morning and got that knot worked right out! A few more days of icing and resting, and I should be Boogie-ready!! I'm talking about Boogie the Bridge, of course... this Sunday! Will you be running or walking? Got a 5k or 10k or 21.1k goal to conquer? Or maybe you'll be one of those wonderful people cheering us on!! We need you. *I* will need you, especially at about the 17 or 18k mark when my body starts screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME? YOU WANT TO STOP!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO STOP!!!"

I don't want to stop :)

Good luck to anyone else taking part in Boogie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page
and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.
Look into my website - what are binary options